Terms and conditions of use
The information on this page tells you the terms and condition that we, Funky Bunk Beds, supply any of the products that we sell. These terms and conditions apply if you are a consumer. By purchasing any product from us, you agree to be bound to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to accept these conditions you will not be able to purchase from us.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all orders placed. By placing an order with Funky Bunk Beds and paying the minimum required deposit you are accepting to abide by these Terms and conditions. Please read them carefully and if you have any queries please contact us.
2. If you do not want to abide by these terms and conditions then please do not place an order with us or pay the deposit and enter into a contract. If you have only seen these terms and conditions once you have already placed the order with us, you do have the right to receive your deposit back if you do not want to abide by these.
3. These Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
4. Our products are only intended for use by people living in the United Kingdom and we do not accept orders from anywhere other than the United Kingdom.
5. To place an order with us you please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Facebook group and we will then send you an email to confirm your order.
6. By placing an order with us you are confirming that: i. You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts ii. You live in the United Kingdom iii. You are placing your order with us from the United Kingdom iv. You are 18 Years old or over v. All orders placed with us are subject to acceptance. All details supplied to us must be accurate and true.
7. If there are any problems with your order, we will contact you as soon as possible.
8. To place an order with us you must either contact us on the email provided, over the phone or through our Facebook page/Instagram page/website.
9. All images displayed are an indication of the product, some items may have small variations in ticking and colour, usually as an even of varied screen resolutions.
10. When placing an order, we require a non-refundable deposit to secure the delivery date but if the customer would like to pay a bigger deposit they can, and it will be less off the final bill.
11. On every order every customer will receive an order summary which will be sent the same way that the order has been place and Health and Safety information relating to their purchase. They are required to check order is correct and read all health and safety pointers thoroughly and carefully and should also make their children aware of health and safety when using the bed. Once product is delivered, we are not liable for any incorrect requirements unless these were stated on the order summary.
12. If any product is displayed with an inaccurate price, we have the right to withdraw and cancel the order prior to the contract being made, by us confirming your order.
13. Any errors that have been made with the description of our products will be rectified as soon as possible.
14. Price displayed and given to you is inclusive of VAT.
15. We offer a delivery service that will be charged at an extra rate depending on your location or you can also choose to collect the product free of charge.
16. We will work out a date and time with you for delivery that suits both of us.
17. Delivery times are between 8AM and 6PM. Our driver will try to call you when he is setting off to you to give an approx. time however this may not always be possible.
18. We cannot be liable for any traffic or delays that we may face when delivering.
19. As all products are handmade we recommend for us at funky bunk beds to assemble the bed for you the first time as it can be very tricky for someone who has not done this before to do and would require at least two people to do this using a screwdriver or drill.
20. Once your bed has been delivered and assembled you are required to thoroughly check the bed and sign to confirm that you accept and are satisfied with the condition that it has been left with you in. Once you have signed for the bed, we will not be held responsible for any damage caused to it.
21. You should ensure that you completely check all areas on the bed, including paintwork, edges, fixings etc while our driver is at your property. Our driver will not leave until you have confirmed you are happy and satisfied.
22. Final payment must be made before our driver leaves your property. Within his job role he is under strict instruction to not leave any product without payment or proof of payment. Final payments can be made via Cash or Bank Transfer.
23. Please ensure that there is a space for us to deliver the bed as we are not insured to move any items out of the way. If there are any objects that need to be moved from the bedroom which delays our driver from assembling the bed, you would be subject to pay a charge of £20 for the time spent by our driver.
24. High Beds and the upper bunk of a bunk bed is not suitable for any child under the age of 6.
25. The goods that you order become your property when they have been delivered to you. Once they have been delivered, they will be your responsibility and we will not hold any responsibility for loss or destruction.
26. The paint that we use to paint our products with (if required) is all child friendly paint and safe for children to be around. This paint may let off an odour.
27. Our beds are made up of various size panels. Although we can fit the largest panels into 99% of properties, there are a few properties for which we will have to build smaller panels. If you have had any problems with fitting furniture into bedrooms in your house, then please let us know by e-mailing us and we can see what we can do for you. We will not be held responsible for panels that are unable to fit into your designated room but if we find that it is not possible to fit the panels into the room when we arrive, we will change these panels for smaller but there will be a full redelivery charge and a charge for altering the pieces. It may also take up to 6 weeks to build and redeliver the smaller panels.
28. Designs and specifications are subject to change without notice. If you would like the design to remain exactly the same as a specific design, please do let us know. This may not always be possible however we can discuss options.
29.When our driver assembles your bed in your property, he will always take photos of the bed. We will use these photos to check the quality of the bed and occasionally for advertising. We will never take or use any photos that display any personal data or go against your privacy rights.
30. All products come with 5-year warranty. This warranty does not cover: i. Damages caused by misuse, abuse and accidents ii. Damage or discolouration caused by sunlight or artificial lighting sources iii. Variation within the colour or graining of the wood iv. Products that have been altered/adjusted by the purchaser v. Products that have been incorrectly assembled by the purchaser. vi the carpet for the staircase if purchased from us.
31. We have the right to cancel if: i. We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods that you have ordered ii. We do not deliver to your area iii. One or more of the items that you have ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from suppliers
32. If we must cancel your order, we will notify you as soon as possible and if you have already paid the deposit or full cost then we will refund your money back to you within 14 days.
33. If any of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be notified.
34. If we do not paint your bed, we always recommend that you paint the bed yourself to seal the MDF to stop the risk of dust being released from the MDF. Between coats of paint if you do paint your self you will require to sand edges and face to give a smooth finish.
35. If you would like us to paint the bed a certain shade of colour, please state this shade in writing and we will always try to complete this. If we cannot we will always let you know. This is the same for the carpet colour if this is added to your order.
36. If mattresses are purchased from us, these should be paid for on delivery by cash or bank transfer. Please note that mattresses are non-refundable.
37. No voucher or discount code can be used on any sale product. Neither can more than 1 voucher be used at any one time.
39. Nothing in this agree is intended to, nor shall it confer to any other rights on a third party.
In the unlikely event that you are not entirely happy with your purchase then please contact us and we will be more than happy to help.
Due to all products being hand made to order we do not offer refunds unless the product is damaged on delivery or faulty.
We offer no returns on mattresses due to health and safety.
If you return is approved, we will initiate a refund to your original method of payment. This will be with you between 7-10 days.
Delivery costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of delivery will be deducted from your refund.
If you have any queries, please contact us either on Facebook at ‘Funky Bunk-Beds Limited’ or email us on Funky-Bunk-Beds@hotmail.com. You can also contact us via phone which is given below.
Please could you also send us your reviews of your beds and if possible, pictures to be shared in our Funky Bunk Beds Facebook Page!